A global investor who was structured over $4 Billion in deals on the institutional side. He is running a private equity firm that holds real estate assets in Texas and Florida. He shares how he made a massive wealth.
Key Points on The Powerful Truth Behind Massive Wealth
- Omar grew up in an entrepreneurial family. His family’s been involved in commercial real estate for the past 3 generations.
- From a young age, he saw the intergenerational transfer of wealth and assets. He knew he wanted to build wealth as well. In the beginning, he started to invest in the tech industry.
- When he got married, he moved from Canada to the US. Here he saw how good the tax benefits were on multifamily investing. This made him change his mind and turn to real estate instead of the tech industry.
- His first deal was a 94 unit in San Antonio, Texas.
- Now Omar is focusing on bigger deals between 150 and 250 units.
- Currently, his company is involved in around 1300 units worth around $120M.
- Omar’s advice for successful multifamily investing is to always have your books properly done, and understand your debt covenants and your rehab budget.
- He had some roadblocks along the way. In one instance, one of his big national tenants didn’t pay him rent for a year.
- According to Omar, one of the best things he experienced in his career is his investors’ trust. On many occasions, they don’t even read the investment demo, because they know that he is trustable.
- Omar is not pushing for many more deals in the future. Instead, he would like to have more freedom and develop his team further.
- Who is your success role model? He doesn’t have one role model, because he likes many different aspects in a lot of people.
- What is your biggest success? Staying married.
- What does a typical day look like for you? In the morning, he drops one of his kids off at daycare, then he does investor and broker calls during the day. After his work, he spends time with his family.
- What’s your favorite quote? “The graveyard is filled with irreplaceable people.”
- What are your hobbies? He loves reading the most.
- What is the best business book you’ve read? Nassim Nicholas Taleb – The Black Swan
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Everything is built up of small incremental steps. Nobody takes a quantum leap.
About our Guest, Omar Khan
Global investor, structured ~$4 billion deals on the institutional side, run a real estate private equity firm with assets in TX and FL.
Omar is responsible for capital raising, strategic planning and investor relations. He has over 10 years of global investment experience.
Omar has participated in capital financing and M&A transactions valued at $3.7 billion. He is a CFA Charterholder and graduated with honors from the University of Toronto with a B.Com in Finance.
Omar moved from Canada and lives in Texas with his wife and newborn son.