Today we talk to someone who left "Corporate America" to start a company that helps people get comfortable with social media. It is an awesome story, but she talks about almost giving up, and how she got through that.
Key Points On Starting a Social Media Company, with Brandy Henry
- She, like many other entrepreneurs, has always had the entrepreneurial itch
- Sold lemonade on both sides of the street as a child so that no matter what side of the street someone was driving she could sell them lemonade.
- As she got older she started looking for job security
- Got her degree then started working for Nike
- She worked there for about two years before she realized she didn't like corporate culture
- Brandy got married while she was still at Nike
- She then started going to grad school while working full-time
- After talking to her husband they decided they both should attend grad school full-time
- So they left their jobs for Clemson and she then got her masters in guidance counseling
- Tried that for a few years and she absolutely loved it
- After she had a couple kids, she left her counseling job and started homeschooling her kids
- Once they got older she started a business based on teaching people how to use social media in their businesses
- Who is your success role model? Amy Porterfield
- What is your biggest success? Being married for 23 years
- What does a typical day for you look like? Up and drinking coffee before 6:00 a.m., get her kids out of the door by 6:30 a.m. and on their way to school, then the rest of her afternoons are filled with work
- What is your favorite quote? "You've got to have a crappy first draft"
- What are your hobbies? Audiobooks and thrift shopping
- What is the best business book you've read? The Dip
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Just go for it. You shouldn't live with the regret of not going for it
About our Guest, Brandy Henry
Brandy Henry, M.Ed. is stepping out of her comfort zone every day as she builds her business and brand. She's stretching her beliefs in what's possible. Brandy knows for certain that you too can share your work and message with the world. She's here to help you to see that.
– My Podcast, Engaging on Social Media with Brandy Henry, M.Ed. https://www.brandywhenry.com/podcast
– My Services https://www.brandywhenry.com/services
– Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BrandyWHenryLLC
– Instagram https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en