Today we talk to someone who gets the "ah ha" moment after doing his first house hack. He then starts a hiring company with someone else and runs it for 7 years before going back to focus on real estate full time.
Key Points from the Eye Opening House Hack and Real Estate with Rob Chevez
- Rob Chevez group up in a bunch of different countries because his father was a U.S. Diplomat
- Moving around so much, caused him to be very good at meeting new people and making new friends
- Had his first entrepreneurial venture selling mangoes in Costa Rica when he was in elementary school
- Used sports a lot to help integrate into the new places he lived in
- Graduated high school then attended a college in D.C.
- Wrestled all through high school and college
- Majored in psychology and took a basic finance class his senior year
- Realized he had no real concept of money
- Worked with Alan Mertz and learned a lot about running a company while still in college
- Graduated college and continued working with Alan Mertz
- Left and started a tech company, his partner bought him out of the company in 2005 so he could persue his passion of real estate full time
- Since then he has been very successful in real estate and it all started from a simple house hack
- Who is your success role model? Gary Keller
- What is your biggest success? Having and raising his daughter
- What does a typical day for you look like? Wake up early and generate leads through creating content of some kind, then he goes to work, maybe does a meet-up, then he'll come home and start it all over again
- What is your favorite quote? "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
- What are your hobbies? Fishing, hiking, and camping
- What is the best business book you've read? 4 Hour Work Week
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? You can't spend all your time learning, eventually you have to just go for it
About our Guest, Rob Chevez
I started my real estate career in 1999 when I decided to buy my first home and rent out the rooms to some friends. That's when I caught the real estate "bug" and I couldn't shake it. I spent the next 5 years buying rentals part-time and learning as much as I could about the game of real estate.
In 2005 my wife decided to jump into real estate full-time and we started The CAZA Group as a real estate investment firm that purchased, sold and managed multi-unit properties. Since then it has evolved into a diversified portfolio of companies whose primary focus is helping families BUY, SELL and INVEST in real estate the SMART way. We have created Hyper-Local business partners that have a passion for providing 5-star service and results. All have undergone rigorous ZONE Sigma training which guarantees that our clients Net More Money in Less Time with the Less Hassle and 5 Star Service.
In addition, my passion for education and wealth-building inspired me to start a monthly real estate investment mastermind to help empower our community with the network, resources, and tools to help them build financial freedom. Today, that little group has grown to 13,000 members and is expanding nationwide.
You can learn more about us below.
Visit us at www.thecazagroup.com
Join us at www.gridinvestor.com