After working 18 years for the Coca-Cola company, a major health condition and that entrepreneurial itch cause him to take action and work for himself instead of someone else.
Key Points on Starting a Company, with Paul Higgins
- Followed his Dad around through all of his young life while his Dad worked for Coca-Cola
- Had part time jobs working with Coca-Cola while growing up
- Went to college and got two degrees, one in accounting the other in marketing
- He had been working part time with Coca-Cola while attending college
- Paul didn't intend to stay with the company but they asked him to stay on for a few weeks to fill some holes
- Was still with the company nine years later
- He left when the company backed out on a promotion and wasn't treating him very well. It also didn't help that he had a worsening health condition
- Had no idea what to do so he went to his dad's farm to help clear his head
- Paul and his Dad picked olives for four days straight, trying to come up with something new for Paul to do
- Paul realized what he wanted to do was help people any way he could
- He then worked for a few months, still in the corporate world while setting up his coaching company
- Left his job and went full bore into professional coaching
- Who is your success role model? Mike Kennen
- What is your biggest success? Writing and publishing a book whilst having a transplant
- What does a typical day for you look like? Wake up, go through his morning routine, then get to work, takes some 'me' time in the middle of the day, takes a nap, then gets back to work for the rest of the day
- What is your favorite quote? "The smartest person in the world doesn't know everything, he just knows where to find the information." -Albert Einstein
- What are your hobbies? Family, sports, and golf
- What is the best business book you've read? Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? What feeds you the most is what you should do next
About our Guest, Paul Higgins
Paul Higgins is an Author, Lead generator, Podcaster and Mentor for Soloprenuers who are building new revenue streams to fund a lifestyle and Give Back.
He has incredible business experience having worked for the Coca-Cola Company for 18 years. He ran multi-million dollar divisions and delivered exceptional results.
In 2011 he left his career to manage his inherited kidney condition.
Taking what he learnt at Coca-Cola and years of running his businesses, he now mentors hundreds of solopreneurs to achieve financial and personal success.
All his secrets are laid out in the book for you to implement to Build Live and Give.
In February 2019, Paul had a successful kidney donation from his best friend. Both are well.
With his newfound energy, Paul loves to run his business and spend time with his teenage children and playing sport.
Paul has an infectious personality and is always giving first.
You can find out more at www.buildlivegive.com