Today we talk to our very own David Sun about how he has created multiple streams of income for himself. From real estate syndications to options trading, he has done it all.
Key Points on Options Trading with David Sun
- David got his undergrad degree in electrical engineering from UVA
- Went right to Princeton for graduate school
- A friend of his piqued his interest in options trading while he was at grad school
- After graduating he got a job in the electrical engineering field
- A few years afterwards he got his real estate licence so he could buy and sell his own house. It also allows him to help his friends and family buy and sell their houses
- He kept his electrical engineering job but he also slowly grew his real estate business through referrals
- At the same time, David never stopped option trading and he found an online resource called Tasty Trade. Tasty Trade allowed him to take his option trading to the next level
- As his knowledge in option trading grew, so did his confidence and he started his own hedge fund in 2018
- At the same time, he was talking to Will of CEO Captial Partners, who interested him in multifamily real estate as well
- He has been doing so well with both investment types that he has started coaching other people on how to be successful with them as well
- His multilayered approach has benefited him because it has given him a network of people who will invest with him and a method to grow the money they invest with him
- Who is your success role model? He doesn't have any one person he looks up to. He takes a bit from everyone
- What is your biggest success? Finding a bunch of things he is passionate about and being able to balance his schedule around them
- What does a typical day for you look like? He wakes up with his kids around 7:00 a.m., gets them to school, trades stocks and log his trades, finishes up his day job around 5:00 p.m., makes dinner, puts his kids to sleep then researches more until about midnight then goes to bed
- What is your favorite quote? "Work smarter, not harder"
- What are your hobbies? Indoor rock climbing, collecting playing cards,
- What is the best business book you've read? Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Set your own goals and define your own success and find a mentor who will help you so you don't have to recreate the wheel
About our Guest, David Sun
David brings a unique blend of experience to the team at CEO Capital Partners both as a private hedge fund manager as well as a top producing real estate agent. He started as a retail investor over 10 years ago and developed his trading skills while earning a Masters degree at Princeton University. On the real estate side, David is familiar with both the residential and investment aspects of the business, serving clients that range from first time home buyers to seasoned investors with multiple-property portfolios. He leverages his experience and network to introduce new investors to the world of multi-family and manage existing client relations, all while holding a full-time position as an electrical engineer!
David's Trading Page – www.thetradebusters.com