A self-proclaimed "dude" gets burnt out from the grind of being a real estate agent. He then starts 2 companies focused on adding value to realtors and he gives us an awesome takeaway: "Your earnings are equal to how problem-solving you are."
Key Points on Problem-Solving
- Began his career as a real estate agent at 22
- Worked hard because it's hard to sell $350,000 homes to people when you are 22 years old
- Started a podcast and a blog to create authority to compensate for his young age
- Had a lot of success during the recession because of high loss mitigation from short sales
- Burned himself out on real estate
- Sold his real estate company and moved to California
- He had nothing lined up after he moved but was confident that if he surrounded himself with the right people something good would happen
- Took a leap of faith then started two new businesses
- One of his companies focus on creating personal brands for people through producing content, specifically video content
- Encourages people to use their own relationships instead of growing relationships with strangers
- Plans to continue to grow his businesses because he is confident in his problem solving ability and his product
- What is your success role model? Jesus is the only person he can look up to and he is propelled by his faith
- What is your biggest success? He doesn't know yet—it can always be better.
- What does a typical day look like for you? Wake up around 7:00 a.m., feed his kids breakfast, take them to school, go to the office, come home around five and pick up his kids, eat dinner, work for a few more hours, watch TV, then go to bed. "It's like Groundhog's day."
- What is your favorite quote? You're the average of the five people you hang around with.
- What are your hobbies? Spending time with his kids and swimming
- What is the best business book you’ve read? The Power of Storytelling and Customer Obsessed
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Believe in yourself—there is no one else like you, so you need to be and believe in yourself.
About our Guest, Michael Cuevas
Michael is just a normal dude from Chicago who has worked his butt off since graduating college. He married and had the world’s best kids (I’m sure every dad says that). They are my why! They are why Michael wakes up every day to bust his ass training you on how to better your business. Do you have a a "Why?" in your life? Without one, getting on top is pretty tough.
The key to real estate is relationship building because this business is built on networking. When you are an expert at building relationships, marketing your business becomes easy. People want to make the wisest financial decision of their life with someone they know, like, and trust.
To learn more about Michael Cuevas, visit his website at realestatemarketingdude.com