An 18 year old immigrant comes to the United States with $100 and convinces a random stranger to give him a job to pay for his school and overcome poverty to ultimately build two incredibly successful companies.
Key Points to Overcome Poverty
- Poor Croatian Immigrant
- Son of Retail Workers
- Came to U.S. at 18
- Foreign Exchange student in West Virginia
- Double Major in Finance and Marketing
- Wanted to Overcome Poverty
- Passion to Teach
- Went on a Limb and Asked a Business Owner to Pay for His School in Exchange for Work
- Wanted to Help People Rather Than Sell People
- People Like to Be Taught. They Hate to be Sold
- Are You Building Your Moat to Protect Your Castle?
- Educated People Buy, Uneducated People Get Sold
- Who is your success role model? Elon Musk
- What is your biggest success? 18 Years of Marriage
- What is your biggest failure? There's so Many! However, I picked the wrong CPA
- What's your favorite quote? “He who wants to fly one day must first learn how to stand and walk. One cannot fly into flying”
- What are your hobbies? Reading, Working out, food, drinks
- What is the best business book you have read? Great by Choice
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? "Read psychology rather than business and motivation books. Pyschology is what gets us from A to B and helps inside and outside business life."
Industry leader and financial educator, Danijel Velicki, has successfully crafted a professional empire. This empire revolves around a cutting edge dialogue and personalized curriculum designed to equip and empower his clients to thrive across all facets of life. Awarded the distinguished “40 Under 40” and “Entrepreneurial Excellence” designations by Inside Business. Velicki is living proof that the “American Dream” is well within reach.
Growing up in Zagreb, Croatia, Danijel moved to the United States in 1995, earning his Bachelors of Science in Management and Marketing. The rapid growth of his professional ventures continue to reflect his proficiency and passion for his craft. This passion awarded him the ability to pivot and evolve as an agile leader in local business and beyond. Consistently achieving top merits in the financial and insurance services arena, Velicki has made it his life’s goal and mission to educate and equip his clients with the tools and insights. Beginning his career in 2000 at Duke Stein & Co., he earned New Agent of the Year within his first twelve months of business. Later he went on to earn Agent of the Year for the next three years running.
Danijel was awarded the Gold Presidential Citation Award for Management and Executive Club by Guardian Life Insurance Company/Park Avenue Securities. He then qualified for the Leaders Club and Blue Chip Council at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company. After joining Stephens Financial Partners in 2007, Danijel then moved on to start The Opus Group of Virginia in 2010. Later he renamed the company to Opus Wealth Strategies, LLC in 2017. He is a Certified Fund Specialist, Certified Income Specialist, and is working to complete his Masters of Science in Financial Services. He is also a 2010 graduate of the LEAD Hampton Roads program. Danijel is also a member of the local Chamber of Commerce. Danijel serves on local school boards and volunteers in junior achievement programs to help motivate and inspire local youth to follow their dreams and aim for the stars.
A devoted family man, Danijel spends his free time with his wife and their three children. When not spending time with family on their summer vacations, they can often be found at his local Crossfit gym. Danijel has crafted an exceptional dialogue that promises to add value and build momentum for entrepreneurs, individuals and families from all walks of life to overcome poverty. Danijel has made it his life’s mission to encourage others to roll up their sleeves to dig deep into the fundamental resolve and habits that allow his clients to confidently navigate their financial future.