A skateboarder discovers his talent and passion for producing films. He becomes one of the youngest editors in Hollywood, and then realizes he needs to start building massive wealth. How does he do it? None other than good ole real estate!
Key Points to Create Massive Wealth
- Started out as a kid skateboarding
- Had to make a lot of skate videos to get sponsors
- Went to college for a film and video degree
- Took the videos made for class and turned them into professional videos
- Found a commercial production house and walked in offering to work for free
- At first was denied but a week later was called back to work
- Worked hard for several months and eventually got paid
- This paid off and earned an internship working for a company who makes The Real World for MTV
- Slept on random couches all summer during this internship
- Spent hours every day after work editing real MTV video footage
- Realized he wanted to create multiple streams of income
- Found investment real estate
- After buying several single family homes, decided it was time to scale
- Began investing in apartments
- Who is your success role model? Grant Cardone and Reed Goossens
- What is your biggest success? My family
- What does a typical day for you look like? Wake up at 7:00 am, spend time with my son, then I head to my day job which is still in television, on the way have a phone meeting, focus on work, have a lunch phone call, and then back to work until around 7:00 pm
- What is your favorite quote? "Why tiptoe through life only to arrive safely and death? "
- What are your hobbies? I play drums, I'm a drummer in a band and family
- What is the best business book you have read? Rich Dad Poor Dad and Never Split the Difference
- If there's one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what do you think it would be? Put in extra work, be humble and be willing to learn and always just keep putting in hard work
About our Guest, Chris Collins
As a husband and a father, Chris understands the need for multiple streams of income in order to secure financial stability for his family. This is what drew him from a full time television job in Hollywood, to real estate investing. Since 2005, he has invested both actively and passively in over 900 units across 4 different states, in deals totaling more than $35M.
As an expert in the multifamily business, Chris enjoys speaking with new and experienced investors alike, explaining all aspects of the process from start to finish. Amity Cash Flow is his mission to help others gain financial stability in their lives, as he delivers solid returns through passive real estate investments.