After college, she gets into organizational development with a few different companies and eventually meets her partner Rachel (WJ60). They realize there is a serious need for intra-company team development so they start a consultancy focused on this.
Key Points on Launching a Successful Consultancy, with Meg Manke
- Meg learned growing up on a ranch how to be self sufficient and how to GSD (get shit done)
- Went to Creighton University in Nebraska and got her bachelors degree in business ethics and finance
- She thought she would just go get a job as an financial analyst
- Meg then realized that wasn't the kind of job she was looking for
- While she figured out what she was going to do she started working as an HR manager at an active gold mine
- After the company was bought out there were a lot of health and safety changes
- Working through those changes taught Meg about how teams work together and how to manage them
- Got her master's degree in Strategic Leadership
- Started talking to Rachel who is the person who would become her business partner and the Wealth Junkies guest on episode 60
- They realized they had the same problems in their respective fields
- So the two of them went in together and started their own consultancy
- Their consultancy is aimed at creating better business management to allow employees to work better together and have more fun
- Who is your success role model? Warren Buffet
- What is your biggest success? Learning to be persistent
- What does a typical day for you look like? She gets up around 5:00 a.m., works out or goes for a run, makes her kids breakfast, gets them off to school, then she heads to the office for the day
- What is your favorite quote? "Be who you are and say what you feel because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind"
- What are your hobbies? Exercising, cooking, working on the ranch, and riding horses
- What is the best business book you've read? iX Leadership and Code of the Extraordinary Mind
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Be brave enough to ask questions
About our Guest, Meg Manke
Meg Manke, COO/Lead Instructor, is a human resources professional, with over a decade leading an HR office in a large multi-national corporation. She has merged organizations, designed and implemented behavior based culture initiatives, and developed leaders in a variety of organizations. She has degrees in Finance, Business Ethics, and Strategic Leadership.