Working in a multi-million dollar family business, he leaves to pursue his own dreams of helping business owners and entrepreneurs grow their business and lifestyle of their dreams. Along the way, he builds a popular podcast conference and more!
Key Points on How To Scale Your Business In A Super Way
- Joe has been around businesses all his life as his family has had 5 businesses.
- One of the family businesses was the largest independently-owned truck company on the East Coast in around 2000. Joe managed the operations there.
- In the summer of 2013, he decided to leave the company and start something on his own.
- He was DJing on the side and released his first DJ album. He asked his friend if he knew any platforms where he could promote it. His friend suggested podcasts. This inspired him and he started his own podcast.
- After his second child was born, his wife had to leave her job and they didn’t have enough income. Therefore Joe went back to work in the family business.
- He wanted to generate revenue from his podcast. A couple of months after launching, he started selling T-shirts and wrote a book that became a best seller. He was also doing public speaking and building websites on the side.
- Joe started a podcast conference. It started as a Facebook group in 2014 but soon grew to be a meet-up for podcasters.
- In 2015, they had 35-50 visitors and in 2019 they already had around 110.
- For 2020, they are planning to grow it even bigger and have around 300-400 guests.
- Joe is focusing on creating a TV show, which he plans to continue after the pandemic. He is also working on growing his podcast conference.
- Who is your success role model? His grandfather
- What is your biggest success? Building his network
- What does a typical day look like for you? Joe wakes up around 5 AM and checks his emails. He then goes to the shop from 7.30 AM to 5 PM. He then goes home, gets on a few calls with clients, and spends time with his family.
- What’s your favorite quote? “The only difference between dreamers and haters is haters gave up on their dreams.”
- What are your hobbies? He loves making videos, playing video games, and DJing.
- What is the best business book you’ve read? Donald Miller – Building a Storybrand
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Set the goals and don’t compare yourself with other people.
About our Guest, Joe Pardo
Super Joe Pardo is a New Jersey-based, sixth-generation award-winning business owner who works with businesses and owners to help them grow by focusing on their team, offer, and process.
On April 2, 2014, Joe left his family’s $100 million business in the heavy-duty truck industry to start his own consulting business. Founding the award-winning show, "Business with Super Joe Pardo" podcast. His platform helps owners pursue the business and lifestyle of their dreams. He went on to release four business and self-development books in four years.
Founding the much-beloved Independent Podcast Conference in 2014 that brings podcasters from all over the world together every year to learn and grow together. After over four years of being away from his family’s business, he returned on August 13, 2018. Super Joe’s mission is to build his family’s heavy-duty truck repair shop into a franchise.
In early-2019 Super Joe started production on his own TV show called The TOP with Super Joe Pardo. Super Joe travels to struggling businesses to help them grow by following his TOP formula which stands for Team, Offer, and Process.