His dad dies when he is 19, and he later finds out that his wife is pregnant from someone else. Shortly after having a son with his new wife, he quits his job with no plan. He advises us to not die with more dreams in our heads, than memories in our hearts. Listen now to this success story!
Key Points to Achieve Massive Success
- After his father passed away he moved to Australia at the age of 19
- Anthony got married when he was 21, his wife got pregnant then he got a phone call telling him that she was having an affair and that his child wasn't his
- Left his wife and met his current wife, they got married and had a child together
- During this time he was working at a corporate job as a business development manager making a lot of money but he was forced to travel a lot
- After his son was born he was holding him for the first time and thinking about when his father passed
- He realized he didn't want to die with more dreams in his head than memories in his heart
- After six more months he left his job with no plan for success
- He left his job and started trying to be an online entrepuner
- After six months his wife sat him down and said what he was doing wasn't working becuase they didn't have enough money to buy the baby diapers for the next week
- He put his nose to the grindstone then and really started focusing on his business
- Anthony put together a speaking event and it sold out
- He found success by scaling his business up from there, going to coperations and convinecing him to send their employees to his teaching events
- Who is your success role model? His father
- What is your biggest success? His children
- What does a typical day for you look like? Anthony wakes up at 5:00 a.m., writes down everything he wants to get done for the day, he takes his children to school, spends some time with his wife, gets to work, has lunch with his boys before they go down for their naps, then he'll go back to work for a few more hours
- What is your favorite quote? "Be the change you want to see in the world"
- What are your hobbies? Soccer and playing guitar
- What is the best business book you've read? Profit First by Mike Michalowicz and Traction by Gino Wickman
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Ask yourself, "What is success for you without regarding others?" Then do what you need to, to get closer to that form of success
About our Guest, Anthony Kirby
Anthony Kirby (or Kirby as he is known) is the founder of The Expert Blueprint and author of the #1 bestselling book ‘Are We There Yet’. He loves helping difference makers to simplify their sales and marketing process so they can focus on making a bigger impact every day. He has worked with clients across the globe and spoken on stages in 3 continents. Whilst his day job is helping people to make a bigger difference with their work, Kirby also enjoys hanging out with his kids, playing soccer and eating too much chocolate.