He starts investing in real estate in 2013 purely as a side hustle, buying turn-key single family properties in the midwest. A couple years later he wanted to make a career change and he stumbled on the concept of multifamily and that is when the light bulb went off.
Key Points on Quitting Your Job Through Multifamily
- Kyle was a regional manager for a golf management company
- He'd had a bad experience with the stock market so he was was looking for alternative means of generating income
- He started investing in single family homes as a means of generating additional income
- The golf company he was working for started shrinking
- Kyle then started looking for a career change
- He spent a year and a half weighing his options
- Then he stumbled upon some multifamily real estate books and podcasts and he fell in love
- Eleven months later, he left his job and went full time into multifamily real estate
- He started transitioning the single family homes he had into capital for multifamily deals
- Kyle started attending meetups and building his investor database
- He now runs a multifamily syndication focused in Arizona
- Who is your success role model? Tim Ferriss and Tony Robbins
- What is your biggest success? Leaving his W2 job
- What does a typical day for you look like? He calls his accountability partner at 4:00 in the morning, plans out his day, goes to the gym, does some personal development, and starts working by 7:30 a.m.
- What is your favorite quote? "If you can't measure it, you can't manage it"
- What are your hobbies? Cooking and exercise
- What is the best business book you've read? E Myth
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Get out of your comfort zone
About our Guest, Kyle Mitchell
Kyle Mitchell is a real estate entrepreneur who has a focus on Multifamily Syndication and currently has $17MM AUM. He is the Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Limitless Estates, who’s vision is to provide A class living to lower income housing by putting the residents first and instilling a sense of community while inspiring others to do the same.
Kyle is also the co-host of the weekly real estate podcast, Passive Income through Multifamily Real Estate, where he speaks with various experts in the real estate industry to help educate and create clarity for passive investors.
With a background in operations, management and logistics, he has overseen multi-million dollar businesses and has a passion in doing the same in the multifamily syndication space.