An entrepreneur focused on multifamily real estate, he not only provides outsized returns to his investors but provides institutional quality services to its residents and more!
Key Points on How To Invest In Real Estate That Will Make You Free
- Tyler was very curious about human psychology from a young age. He was fascinated by branding and human behavior.
- This led him to study marketing in college and started his professional career in international marketing.
- He worked as a marketing coordinator in corporate America, but this didn’t fulfill him at all. He wanted to earn more and be freer.
- Tyler started to read books and educate himself about investing. Reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad inspired him to turn his focus on real estate investing.
- At first, he was interested in single-family investing.
- Later he realized that he could be involved in commercial real estate too. So he got his license and started to buy and sell real estate on behalf of other people.
- After a few years, Tyler found his true passion in multi-family investing. He reached out to mentors and did many courses to educate himself on the topic.
- His first deals were very difficult for him. He had a distressed asset with drug dealers in it, and tenants who didn’t pay, but eventually, he got a lot of experience.
- It took him around 7 years to reach where he is today. According to him, it was a slow but steady process and he learned a lot along the way.
- Tyler is a little bit cautious now because of the current recession, but he still sees multifamily investing as one of the most resilient industries. It is a hedge to inflation.
- In the future, he would like to grow his company’s portfolio in the Midwest and Southeast. He is active in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Who is your success role model? Benjamin Franklin, Tony Robbins, Phil Knight, and Sam Zell
- What is your biggest success? To inspire and mentor people, and see their success.
- What does a typical day look like for you? He gets up at 5 AM, meditates, does affirmations, and reads. Then he has his calls and meetings. He likes to exercise in the evening.
- What’s your favorite quote? “Our life is what our thoughts make it” – Marcus Aurelius
- What are your hobbies? He loves to stay fit, reading, cooking, playing basketball, and traveling.
- What is the best business book you’ve read? Gino Wickman – Traction, Keith Ferrazzi – Never Eat Alone
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Be resilient with how you set your goals.
About our Guest, Tyler Chesser
Tyler Chesser, CCIM, is an entrepreneur focused on multifamily real estate investing, business coaching for real estate investors, and real estate brokerage investment sales. As an experienced active and passive multifamily real estate investor, he has experienced the successes and failures of building and operating a real estate portfolio. Through this process, he has developed a deep affinity and obsession for constant and never-ending personal growth. Tyler is also the Co-Founder of CF Capital LLC, a real estate syndication firm, which focuses on acquiring and optimizing multifamily assets in the Southeast United States and provides institutional-quality services to its residents and outsized returns to its investment partners. Additionally, Tyler hosts the popular top 200 global business podcast, Elevate, where he sits down with top real estate entrepreneurs and other recognized performers in their respective fields who have created or are creating an “uncommon” life.