She goes to college and does not want to be an entrepreneur at all. But after 16+ years and essentially being a retired model, stuntwoman and therapist, she decides to become an entrepreneur.
Key Points on Becoming an Entrepreneur, with Bunny Young
- Bunny was born into a family a family of entrepreneur's
- She decided to go to college but didn't want to get a business degree and become an entrepreneur
- So she got her degree in psychology and started working as a therapist
- Got married to her husband and moved to China to work as a stuntwoman
- While living in China she continued to learn about psychology and how we are all human
- Returned to America and started working as a therapist again
- Worked in all kinds of therapy, from social services to higher end clientele
- She eventually reached a breaking point because she wasn't happy with the balance between pay and impact she was having on people's lives
- Retired from being a therapist and started her own consulting firm
- She now leverages the 9 years of psychology training she has and her entrepreneurial background to aid larger companies through organizational psychology
- Bunny also has the companies pay her for what she believes she is worth to help bring her support system with her
- Who is your success role model? Her Grandfather
- What is your biggest success? Her kids
- What does a typical day for you look like? She comes into the office about twice a week and she spends most of her days with her kids
- What is your favorite quote? "Unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothing's ever going to get better" – The Lorax
- What are your hobbies? Saving the world, riding horses,
- What is the best business book you've read? The Toa of Pooh
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Build your support network and don't do this alone
About our Guest, Bunny Young
Stuntwoman turned businesswoman is the best way to start a bio. After being diagnosed with a heart condition at an early age and depending on a service dog for a higher quality of life, Bunny focuses on using each day to fully deliver our purpose within the world. She founded her company, A Better Place Consulting to empower and educate businesses and organizations about the impact of work-life alignment.
Bunny enjoys breaking the codependency found between professionals and their companies. Bunny also enjoys teaching burnout prevention to law enforcement, military, and correctional officers.
She is a third-generation entrepreneur, an international speaker, retired therapist, surfer, Army wife, and cowgirl who speaks 4 languages. Bunny is still most proud of her incredible family of two amazing daughters and her sexy supportive husband.