While working at Aflac, a Tony Robbins speech and someone close to him cause him to have an epiphany. He then quits this job and goes to build his dad's company up immediately after in the financial services industry. They've exploded and accrued a lot of wealth since then and he tells us exactly how it was done.
Key Points to Build Wealth and Success, with Michael Convery
- Eight years ago, Michael was working with Vivint Home Automation selling door to door
- It was the worst job he ever had, but he learned that he loved sales
- When he went back home to south Florida, he started working at Aflac
- He quickly became their top seller in the South Florida Region
- After six months of the working with Aflac, Michael went to the World Series of Sales
- He got dinner with a family friend at the conference who explained to him if he was being that successful at Aflac he was in the wrong business
- Left his job at Aflac and came to work for his dad
- His father said he would pay him what he's worth—nothing
- Michael had a marketing background from college, and with some help from some friends in the business, he and his dad doubled the income of the company
- They have had very consistent growth, accrued a lot of wealth, and done $16 million in lifetime revenue
- Who is your success role model? Jason Wenk
- What is your biggest success? Doubling his companies income in the first year
- What does a typical day for you look like? Wake up around 6:00, go to the gym, at work around 8:20, he's usually out of the office around 6:00 p.m., then he goes home, meditates and relaxes, then goes to bed
- What is your favorite quote? "If you're not the person that's blood, sweat and tears is being put into this activity or this in depth, you know, screw everybody else that has an opinion on it. "
- What are your hobbies? Working out, coaching, and boxing
- What is the best business book you've read? Mindset by Carol Dweck
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? You have to have a clear cut vision
About our Guest, Michael Convery
Michael Convery is the COO and Marketer behind 150 million dollars in overall sales throughout the financial service industry. He is the co host of Retire Yesterday Live Today radio and a self proclaimed boxer looking to give back to other entrepreneurs who need guidance along the roller coaster that is the business life.