Today we talk to someone who has broken 6 world records, and climbed very high up the corporate ladder at J.P. Morgan Chase. Since then he has left to become the CFO of multiple companies while not being employed by any of them.
Key Points on Becoming a Fractional CFO with Ken Wentworth
- Worked at J.P. Morgan for over 20 years
- He reached the top 3% of the people employed in the company and was about to move up to the top 1%
- He decided to resign from the company when another one of his ideas was shelved due to bureaucracy
- When he called to tell his wife he decided he was resigning, she wanted to know if he had been drinking, he eventually convienced her that it was for the best
- Resigned after three more weeks
- Continued to work after his resignation, but it slowly tapered off
- He started driving his wife crazy at home and she forced him to find something to do
- Sat down with his career mentor and went through every job he's ever had
- His mentor figured the best thing for Ken to do would be a to become a fractional CFO
- Realized after being a fractional CFO for a client for a couple weeks he realized that this is what he is supposed to be doing
- Has sense become a CFO for a bunch of different companies
- Who is your success role model? His Grandfather
- What is your biggest success? His family
- What does a typical day for you look like? Get up with is wife at 5:40 a.m. and that's about the only constant in his life, he spends a lot of time with his family and he stays up late working
- What is your favorite quote? "There is do and do not, there is no try"
- What are your hobbies? Working out and family
- What is the best business book you've read? His own book, Pathways to Profit, and The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? You have to commit to make something happen
About our Guest, Ken Wentworth
My name is Ken Went worth, also known as Mr. Biz. For more than 20 years, I have advised businesses – from Fortune 15 companies to startups – on how to establish a solid financial path.
I am excited to share the strategies that have yielded consistent results for my clients. With weekly live discussions and B2B Radio shows with me as well as access to our substantial library of recorded programs, video lessons, and articles, you will have everything you need to get where you want to go.