A former C-Level executive who finds great success until a spectacular failure spirals him into his 10 dark years. He eventually bounces back and finds his direction through the power of buying large real estate deals which changed his entire course of life.
Key Points on How To Go From Financially Broken To An Unstoppable Life in Real Estate
- Agostino was born and raised in Canada and his parents were immigrants from Italy and he didn’t have much growing up.
- His parents instilled entrepreneurship into him and he started programming on C64 when he was around 9-10 years old.
- After graduating from college, he went to corporate America and got to a C-level position in his early 30s.
- He made a lot of money so he started investing in single-family real estate. However, he wasn’t very involved in it at the time.
- Then one day he got let go from his company where he was the CIO for 4 years.
- This started what he calls his 10 dark years. He got one corporate job after another and had around 35 jobs in 10 years.
- Agostino reached a turning point when he helped to build up a company in Indianapolis and got fired due to an owner change soon after. He made the decision to start selling properties again and leave the corporate world behind.
- Then 4 years ago, he heard about multifamily real estate investing through a friend. This was the second turning point for him and he decided to double down on multifamily. He sold everything and moved to Ohio to invest.
- In the beginning, he started with 22-26 unit real estate deals but soon scaled up.
- His first bigger deal was a 50 unit deal for $1.4M. He found a partner who raised $0.5M in 21 hours.
- Right now Agostino is focusing on larger deals. According to him, those are better because more money is involved and they are easier to finance. His biggest deal will close at $110M.
- He says that the most important things needed to successfully close a deal are the ability to talk to the brokers, being confident and well put together, and having a good, creditable team.
- Who is your success role model? Grant Cardone
- What is your biggest success? The deal he is working on now.
- What does a typical day look like for you? He wakes up at 5:15 AM and goes to the gym. Then he goes back home, gets a coffee, journals, and plans the day. Later, depending on the day he does podcasts, coaching, or works on his deals.
- What’s your favorite quote? “Without integrity and credibility, you have nothing.” – his quote
- What are your hobbies? Multifamily investing is his hobby. He loves his job so much it feels like a hobby for him.
- What is the best business book you’ve read? Daniel Goleman – Emotional Intelligence
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? Find the direction and take action.
About our Guest Agostino Pintus
Agostino is a multifamily investor, syndicator, and entrepreneur with more than 15 years of experience in real estate. He currently oversees strategic partnerships, capital development, and platform development for Realty Dynamics Equity Partners, an investment firm specializing in multifamily acquisition and asset management services.
Agostino is also the subject of The Bulletproof Multifamily Mindset Show, a series highlighting topics every multifamily investor should know to build their success, as well the host of The Bulletproof Cashflow Podcast, a show focused on interviewing the top experts in the real estate and the mindset required to build success, all of which can be found on iTunes, YouTube and Facebook.
Agostino helps people build financial freedom through multifamily real estate and leverage their unique core competencies to achieve success. Investors at the top of their game work with Agostino to maintain their position, and in moments when business gets difficult, they strategize their return to greatness. If you are feeling stuck with your real estate portfolio or unsure of how to start, Agostino will lead you to clarity, focus and action.