A doctor, more specifically, a periodontist teaches other doctors and high wage earners how to create passive streams of income and avoid the mistakes that he made. He teaches us to stop trading time for money and start building our passive income.
Key Points to Stop Trading Time for Money
- Started a finance blog about a year and a half ago
- Racked up substantial student loan debt while attending college and dental school
- Finished his residency and was about to leave to join a dental practice when the job fell through
- Had to work as handyman for about a year
- Was taken under a local dentist's wing and was allowed to start his own practice in the building
- Took notes about what the local dentist taught him, compiled them and released them as his first book.
- Taught himself about finance instead of going to a financial adviser
- Began investing in passive income sources through reality
- Made a bad deal and lost $50,000 when the people he invested in went out of business
- Tried again and found a sponsor and someone he trusted more
- Is now pushing for people working high stress jobs to invest in things other than the stock market and a 401k which would allow them to trade their time for money more efficiently
- Who is your success role model? Eddie Hickam, one of Louisiana's most successful businessman
- What is your biggest success? Finding and marrying his wife.
- What does a typical day for you look like? Going into his practice at 7:00 a.m. and leaving by 3:00 p.m. and getting all of his work done. Then he spends his afternoon with his family or going places for his hobbies.
- What is your favorite quote? Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it."
- What are you hobbies? Hunting deer, reading, playing tennis with his family and traveling.
- Whats the best business book that you have read? The Simple Path to Wealth, Multiple Streams of Income, The Magic of Thinking Big, and Think and Grow Rich
- If there was one key piece of advice you could provide our listeners with about achieving success, what do you think it would be? Whatever you're wanting to peruse or invest in, get as much information and knowledge that you can.
About Jeff Anzalone
Dr. Jeff Anzalone is a periodontist, author, and real estate investor in Louisiana. He started out helping other doctors and high-income professionals by teaching them how to avoid the financial mistakes he made after dental school. He now focuses on helping other people grow long-term wealth with passive real estate investing.