Today our guest shares how he has created financial freedom for himself and his family through cryptocurrency and he talks about why he remains bullish on it.
Key Points on Cryptocurrency Is The Secure Money Of The Future
- Jamar didn’t have any exposure to the financial world growing up.
- At age 17, he joined the Marine Corps to get away from his neighborhood. It was an eyeopening experience for him as he could go to school and travel.
- After the Marine Corps, he started working in a multi-level insurance company and learned about investing and finances. He soon realized how slow and rigid the finance world was.
- Jamar started investing in real estate and hired a business coach.
- Through that, he realized he had an interest in hedge funds and prop firms, and he started working in this area.
- In 2015 he saw how the traders were getting into cryptocurrency. He heard about it back in 2010 but didn’t believe in it at the time. However, he realized that the technology was so innovative that it had to catch on eventually.
- His first bitcoin purchase was $1k, equal to 2.5 bitcoin.
- He likes crypto because he has full control and ownership of his money.
- It is also important for him that with cryptocurrency he can get away from a 3rd parties having control over his transactions.
- According to Jamar, cryptocurrency is not dropping anymore because it already went down as low as it could and now there is a demand for it at a certain price.
- Jamar started posting about crypto on his social media. Soon there was a demand to do a Facebook group. The first week 100 people joined for $100 each, and it soon turned into a mastermind membership group.
- In the future, he is planning to take his cryptocurrency earning and buy real estate and businesses all over the world and create wealth.
- Who is your success role model? Julian Assange
- What is your biggest success? Being able to be present in his kids’ lives.
- What does a typical day look like for you? He wakes up at 6 AM, walks his dog, and takes his kids to school at 8 AM. Then he trades and runs his mastermind groups.
- What’s your favorite quote? “Improvise, adapt and overcome” – Marine Corps
- What are your hobbies? He likes playing racquetball and trading.
- What is the best business book you’ve read? Doyle H. Roberts – The Science of Making Money
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? You have to be authentic, directly involved and really love what you do.
About our Guest, Jamar James
Jamar James, also known as the Digital Currency Guy, is a Cryptocurrency Trading/Business Educator and coach. He is a Veteran of the US Marine Corps where he specialized in IT and originally from Oakland, CA. Jamar began his entrepreneurial journey when he began his first business at 24 as a real estate broker in Arizona. He eventually built his brokerage to over 200 realtors and was making millions per year. The market crash of 2009 created challenges for his business and he relocated to California where he went back to his roots in IT. He began another business consulting in IT & Blockchain for large corporate companies when he began to find a passion for day trading. His passion led him to Cryptocurrency as that was the only market open 24 hours. It was through this passion that he realized he had a gift for market predictions and swing trading. He began to share his wins with others and he developed a following. The Digital Currency guy group was born.
Today, he has created a successful group of traders who want to change their lives and empower themselves financially. He has also helped many of these members begin their own businesses. It is through this that his brand has also developed a growth agency in which he is now helping business owners grow their own businesses, or even integrate Crypto and automation into their business. Jamar has taught many of his members not only the technical skills to become a successful trader and entrepreneur, but also the mindset needed to become empowered and self-sufficient. Jamar has a passion to help others find their perfect day and change their lives. He currently lives in sunny Orange County, California where he lives his perfect day with his wife and two daughters.