He goes into accounting until he gets bored of it. A buddy then ropes him into an internet startup that eventually fails after 6 months. He goes back to school after this and meets his now business partner. They hit their stride when they create a mattress review platform among other things. Check out his success story!
Key Points to Create Success with Joe Auer
- Attended Wake Forest University
- Received his degree in accounting and really enjoyed the classes he took
- Became a CPA and joined one of the big CPA firms, KP&G, after he graduated
- Didn't like CPA work as much as accounting classes
- Joined a friends startup before returning to school to get his MBA
- The startup failed after about 6-months and he started looking for other stuff to do
- Applied to business schools and at the same time started teaching himself online marketing skills
- Was accepted to a program and went to New York to go to business school
- Met his current business partner at school
- The two of them decided to do something together and started building an internet marketing company
- They have since grown that company and are finding more opportunities
- Who is your success role model? Elon Musk
- What is your biggest success? Getting through the first two years of running his company
- What does a typical day for you look like? It's always changing
- What is your favorite quote? "Just keep going"
- What are your hobbies? Piano and flag football
- What is the best business book you've read? The 10X Rule
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? You need to force yourself out of your comfort zone and you can't know what will happen until you try
About our Guest, Joe Auer
Joe Auer is an Internet media entrepreneur. He is a managing partner at JAKK Media, a company consisting of 4 brands that receive 3 million visitors a month collectively. He is also the founder of Mattress Clarity, a sleep product review website that has grown to accumulate over 12 million page views and 4.5 million views on YouTube.