A unique opportunity presents itself and he moves across the country at 19 to pursue it. He scales this into something very successful but realizes he needs to start creating passive income. This births an amazing company and mission we are now all a part of together. Here is a behind the scenes look.
Key Points From the Behind the Scenes Look, with Stuart Dukeman
- Stuart's entrepreneurial career, like many other entrepreneurs, started when he was very young
- He started his first legitimate business when he was 16 years old
- Stuart started soliciting local businesses to use him to generate small scale advertisements
- He then began to attend a local community college in South Florida
- While at school he began to work part-time at a company called labor finders
- Was given the opportunity to come to Virginia to train a new manager
- The manager never showed up so Stuart took the job instead
- He moved to Virginia at the age of 19, knowing no one
- Stuart has been Labor Finders president for over 20 years now
- He realized all of his eggs were in one basket at Labor Finders and so he started getting into real estate around 2006
- After he realized he wasn't cut out to be a landlord and the 2008 housing crash, Stuart got out of the real estate business
- Recently, Brandon was looking for ways to earn more money and Stuart suggested real estate
- Even though Stuart had no intention of getting into business with Brandon after some time and research he realized that multifamily real estate has a lot of advantages over more typical real estate strategies
- After a slow start, CEO Capital partners was formed and has been growing ever since
- Who is your success role model? Doug Doxy, the guy who hired him when he was 19 years old
- What is your biggest success? Lasting 30 years in the labor finder's business
- What does a typical day for you look like? Up around 6:00, at the office by 8:00, he spends most of his days putting out fires on the financial side of things at Labor Finders, he also spends about 40% of his time working on real estate deals, when he gets home he continues to work on real estate deals until he heads to bed
- What is your favorite quote? "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse" – Jim Rohn
- What are your hobbies? Golf and working, he's an idea junkie
- What is the best business book you've read? Extreme Ownership
- If there was one key piece of advice you could leave our listeners with about achieving success, what would it be? If you are in the position where you have the ability to take the risk, take the risk, get some help, find a mentor
About our Guest, Stuart Dukeman
With over 30 years of experience as a business owner, Stuart understands the life of the small and medium size business owner/executive and the precious value of time. Recognizing the value in building wealth through real estate, as an investor since 2008, Stuart was moved to help others learn how to easily invest in real estate without sacrificing valuable time devoted to business and family. Today, Stuart continues to run a successful non-real estate related business while still providing others the opportunity to access exclusive, private market opportunities from the comfort of their home or office, while generating wealth building, passive income for years to come.
- Wealth Junkies
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- 4 Hour Work Week
- 10X Rule
The Birth of Wealth Junkies
While attending a multifamily real estate conference in Dallas, Texas, Brandon was inspired to take action on creating a podcast. A current podcaster and multifamily leader, Joe Fairless, was on stage at the conference being interviewed. He was questioned "If you lost everything right now, what would you do to build it all back?" Now, Joe has been running a daily real estate podcast for over 1,800 episodes and even wrote a book that contains ideas on why you need to create a "thought leadership platform" and a podcast was his.
Joe replied, "I would start right away with the podcast but I would do it twice a day." At this moment, Brandon new he needed to have a podcast. Stuart attended the conference with Brandon and the two spent hours brainstorming that went late into the night. At around 2 A.M., the name Wealth Junkies was decided on. The three hour flight back home to Virginia was spent scribbling ideas onto endless amounts of note paper.
You're Doing a Podcast
After landing at the airport and driving home fresh with all these ideas, it was decided that Will should probably know he was just signed up to do a daily podcast. A phone call was made to Will and he was informed that he would be producing a daily podcast with Brandon. With lots of hesitation, Will agreed to see where Wealth Junkies would lead.
Now came the fun part, figuring out how to start a podcast. Many hours were spent researching and attempting to understand what equipment was needed, how to find podcast guests, how to edit audio and all the ins and outs of podcasting. After a month and a half of testing and planning, the Wealth Junkies were ready to start recording.
Behind The Scenes of a Daily Show
In order to host a daily podcast, Brandon and Will knew they would need a buffer of recordings to keep up with daily releases. In September of 2019, the first recordings of the Wealth Junkies Podcast began. Over the next two months, Brandon and Will recorded over 60 episodes with an anticipated release date of November 4, 2019.
Closing in on the anticipated release date, Brandon and Will were excited to release their hard work but came to a realization, they weren't ready to be as successful as they wanted. Luckily, during some research, they came across a podcasting consultant, Juergen Berkessel the founder of Polymash.com. Juergen guided the Wealth Junkies team to a more systematized approach to the podcast and opened their eyes to new platforms to optimize their episode releases.
With all the new systems in place and the Polymash team on our side, the Wealth Junkies were ready to launch their show. On December 11, 2019 the Wealth Junkies Podcast was released to the world. Promotion on all social media sites and invitations to the private Facebook Group were in full effect. Many people had no idea Brandon and Will were working on a podcast and the release came as a huge surprise.
Many friends and family members showed their support in sharing, reviewing and rating the show on Itunes and listening to our first episodes. Overall, the launch was better than expected and the Wealth Junkies were in the podcasting world.
Behind The Scenes Since Launch
Today marks the 100th episode release on the Wealth Junkies Podcast. Brandon and Will have had the opportunity to interview some of the top performing business owners and entrepreneurs across the world and share their stories with you. With the mission to help liberate 1,000 people from their W-2 job and create their own freedom, the Wealth Junkies are just getting started.
Brandon and Will are looking forward to providing you with more guests and success stories to help inspire you to take action towards your freedom, whatever that may be. Brandon and Will are always looking to share inspiring and wealth building stories with the world. If you have questions about how you can get started in business, podcasting or about a certain guest, reach out to Brandon at [email protected] or Will at [email protected] or feel free just to say Hi!
The Wealth Junkies are excited to continue bringing you daily episodes and are looking forward to our next milestone! If you are enjoying what you are hearing on the show, website, or Facebook Group do us a favor and tell a friend. We are all in the business of helping people and what better way to help a friend than to provide him with free resources that you have been benefiting from this whole time. Brandon and Will want to thank everyone for their support and ongoing interaction. We will see everyone tomorrow!